Our team is trained to perform the vast majority of soft tissue surgical procedures for pet’s including general and emergency.
Soft tissue surgery could include:
- Exploratory laparotomies;
- Lump removals;
- Gastrointestinal Surgery – removing of intestinal foreign bodies, stomach or intestinal torsions;
- Upper Airway Surgery – Brachycephalic Airway Obstructions Syndrome (BOAS) or upper airway tumours;
- Thoracic Surgery – Surgery involving the Lungs and Heart;
- Removal of Abdominal tumours on the liver, pancreas, kidneys or spleen.
- Repair of Hernias;
- Wound stitch-ups.
Although most lumps are benign (not harmful), some are more serious (malignant).
A common soft tissue surgery is the removal of lumps. Some lumps may require a biopsy prior to removal to help understand whether they are cancerous or not. This information assists us in planning the surgery accordingly to give your pet the best possible outcome.
Once they have been removed we recommend sending them to our external laboratory partner for analysis. Early removal of tumours and an accurate diagnosis is extremely important to ensure the right treatment if given.
If you find a lump on your pet, please make an appointment to visit one of our veterinarians at your earliest convenience.